Thursday, May 15, 2008

TEARS OF JOY.....




TEARS...Every time we look or hear to this word,the 'abstract nouns' that would awaken our mind would be melancholy,sorrow and dejection.Is it true that tears are the silent language of grief?Do you cry only when you are feeling heavy-hearted?A sudden leap into ones childhood would echo how many times one would have cried,without even knowing why...There have been incidents in my childhood when i cried just because my brother ate away my chocolates,I lost my favourite chain,dint do well in exams,and many many more...I also cried for a few of my really good friends,that is,every time we fought or they did something(and i dint like it),although these cases belong to a totally different league;The point here is that not all of these things were worth my tears.

There have been really memorable incidents in my life when tears rolled out of my eyes,for a change...due to HAPPINESS!!

It was the day my class X results were going to be released.As usual I felt very lazy to get up early.I woke up with great difficulty(I actually couldn't sleep anymore due to tension).I was basking around when my best friend in school called me and announced proudly that the results were out!(She scored really well...)I was shocked as to why the results were out so fast(It was only 11 in the morning! :P he he)...I dint know how to react..I wanted to know my marks too.I tried every possible means,the Internet,phone and friends,to know my result.(I was sure i would pass,the tension was about how well i would have fared in the exams).After maybe half an hour of brooding over how much i could have scored,My phone rang...I knew it!This phone would let me know my much awaited results.And yippee!!I was right,It was my friend who found out my marks for me :) (totally thankful to her)...and i scored a whopping 94% in my boards!That was the day i realised what i have to achieve in my life.That was the first time I saw my parents soooooo happy and proud.They were nearly in tears and looking at them,I couldn't control my happiness.My eyes became moist,salt water(that's what i call tears ;)..) was trickling down my face.....

"All you people can now leave the class and check your results" screamed my AIEEE chemistry sir(whom we fondly called polar bear :D).It was my class XII results this time.I wasn't pretty much tense,for I knew Ive given my best.But I dint know I would get the best marks too :) I went home and as usual,like we say history repeats,my Internet and phone both failed in letting me know my marks..It was my principal mam's turn to inform me my marks this time :)She called and told me that I stood first in Hyderabad and got a state rank of 5(total of 980/1000 BTW ;) )...I was surprised,for a moment i couldn't believe it was me...I asked my mom to call back to my college and confirm the news.Ouch!!It hurt(my brother's pinch)...Yeah its true!I really did achieve it...I made my parents proud,yet again.This time on a higher scale :) ... All over in TV and newspapers,My college,my teachers,friends and my relatives were totally proud of me.I went to thank my teachers in college and they were so happy and blessed me...and that's it...It happened again...SALT WATER!!!

Both these incidents could have ended in tears...It just doesn't mean disaster...Its just TEARS OF JOY :)

PS:Not that tears shouldn't come when you are sad,Its just an attempt to say,tears also signify happiness!

4 comments:

Satya Krishna said...

lucky u .. shedding tears of joy on the day of results!

Suman said...

Superb! Good Vocab.Resembles clarity of thought and is presented very well. Congrats on your achievements and we are all waiting for more "Tears of Joy". I am sure this would please your fans!! Way to go..

~SALT WATER!! :)

Unknown said...

As always a very gud article buddy...gr8 success story....keep up d gr8 work

Unknown said...

hey.....gr8 blog gal....hard to beleive u can actually write on such high end topics(u knw kinda expected stuff like chocs, cakes, rainbows..)
well all i can say is evn i am feeling equally proud and happy as ur parents did(minus the salt water;))lukin at ur blogs......anyways keep up the gr8 work
and sry for the delay in the comment:)